Premium V-Belt Drives
Premium belts have the highest power density of any V-belt, and stretch dramatically less than standard
cross sections. That’s why they’re ideal for use on problem drives requiring high-impact strength and
Premium Banded Belts
Replaces several belts with the strength of a single belt. Banded belts feature a multiple layer tie band that
provides excellent lateral rigidity to prevent belts from turning over or from coming off of the drive.
Premium Single Belts
For applications when banded belts are not an option. Single belts can be used with deep groove sheaves and
drives with limited room for “take up”. They can also be an “A” section solution for multi-groove A/B sheaves.
Premium V-Belt Drive Product Features
- “Clutching” non-rubber surfaced cover allows momentary slippage due to excessive overloads without
burning belts up.
- KEVLAR* or aramid tensile cords give extraordinary strength, durability and virtually zero stretch.
- Virtually zero stretch eliminates the need for constant belt re-tensioning.
- Chloroprene rubber compounds provide superb oil and heat resistance.
- Specially-treated extra tough cover withstands slip and shear forces at peak loads without generating
excessive heat; fends off penetration by foreign materials.
- Curve design compensates for effects such as sidewall bulge, which occur when
belts bend around a sheave. This yields uniform loading, giving
maximum belt life and even wear on the sheave sidewalls
- Double fabric cover creates maximum abrasion resistance that protects against wear
caused by fine airborne dust in rock quarries and lumber mills,
which can cause rapid belt sidewall wear resulting in early failures.
- Over 20-50 percent more horsepower than standard V-Belts enables new equipment designers to utilize the full load-carrying
capacity of these high-performance belts.
* KEVLAR® is a registered trademark of Dupont™
Premium V-Belt Drive Product Data
- Premium Belt Drive System for Tough Applications Brochure (P-1921-TBW)
- Premium V-Belt Drives Catalog (P-1932-TBW)